fredag, oktober 21, 2011


The Horseman’s Prayer

Give me strength to guide my horse.
Make my hands soft and my head clear.
Let my horse understand me and I him.
My heart you have blessed with a special love of these animals, let me never lose sight of it.
My soul you have gifted with a deep need for them, let that need never lessen.
Always let my breath catch as the sun gleams on elegant head.
Always may my throat tighten at the sound of a gentle nicker.
Let the scent of fresh hay and the touch of a warm nose on my hand always bring a smile.
I adore the grace and splendor of a running horse,
The thunder of its hooves makes my eyes burn and my heart soar,
Let it always be so.
Dearest Creator grant me patience, for horses are harnessed wind and wind can be flighty.
Let me not frighten or harm them, instead show me ways to understand them.
Above all, dear Creator, fill my life with them.
When I pass from this world, send my soul to heaven with them.
For this love you have given me graces my existence and I shall cherish it for all time.

Author Unknown

Inga kommentarer: