lördag, maj 09, 2009


And how HARD is it to wake up in the morning and say, "Hot dog, it's going to be an amazing day!" How HARD is it, when we get news we didn't expect to say, "Well, let's just see what this brings us!" How HARD is it to look away from the easy luxury of "no," and stay with the hard, very hard work of "Yes! You betcha!" So here's my point - I promised I had one - how often have I focused on what my horse WASN'T doing for me? How much energy have I put into being frustrated at what I WASN'T getting done? And what would happen if I put that same amount of energy into being delighted that 1) I have a horse at all; 2) I have this cool language to play with to actually communicate and share an idea; and 3) I'm making progress every single day (whether I'm going as fast as I want is another issue, but I'll bet you that my progress would increase ten-fold if I would put this positive energy toward it, rather than letting the negative draw suck me into its vortex.) You can also replace the word "horse" in the above with pretty much anything else: spouse, child, parent, job, home...

And that's my question for you today. Do you ever find yourself getting sucked in by the Power of Negative?

Heart and Desire/ Norma

Kände jag mig träffad här eller ;)

2 kommentarer:

Eva Östman sa...

Vilken läcker tuffing! Den skulle jag knappt våga tilltala om jag mötte den... (Jag pratar inte om hästen.)

Elisabeth sa...

Rätt tunn men seg ;)